The world’s best text editor
Why is UltraEdit considered the world’s best text editor?
UltraEdit does everything you’d expect, like code highlighting, folding, etc. but also includes unique features that set it apart.
Developer – programmer
- Unsurpassed power, performance, startup, & file load
- Customizable, configurable, beautiful themes
- OS integration (command line, shell extension)
- Blazing fast find / replace and find in files / replace in files
- Fully integrated file compare, instant diff operations.
Corporate – enterprise
- Secure, trusted, proven, dependable, stable
- Digitally signed installers and libraries
- Easy / silent deployment with MSI installers
- Professional support and in-house call center
- Multi-platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Choose one of our core themes or try our beautiful user-contributed themes to get UltraEdit looking exactly how you’d like it to. Take it a step further by modifying your theme or creating a new one from scratch, then contribute it back for the rest of our users to enjoy.
UltraEdit features the most powerful and intuitive multi-caret editing and multi-selection capabilites in the business. Once your cursors or selections are where you want them to be, you can copy, cut, paste, select and delete just the same as you normally would.
HTML / Markdown live preview
Want to see your rendered HTML or Markdown changes on the fly, as you edit them? UltraEdit’s live preview makes this possible. Double-click an element in the preview to jump to its definition in source. And with Github Flavored Markdown (GFM) code highlighting and compatibility, UltraEdit is the only editor you’ll need for your repos.
If it can be searched for, UltraEdit will find it. But search is almost the wrong word. With the power to search with regular expressions, search across files, find a needle in a 4GB haystack, or just quickly find a word you’re looking for, this isn’t search. This is omniscience.
When editing horizontally just isn’t quite good enough, Column Mode is there for you. Use Column Mode to intuitively edit along the Y axis anywhere in your document. It’s just one of the many powerful ways UltraEdit helps you edit tabular data or code files.
Integrated FTP, SSH & Telnet
Whether you need to make quick edits to a file on a server or upload a massive codebase, UltraEdit’s integrated FTP capabilities and SSH/Telnet make it easy to work with remote files and interact with servers from a single, powerful application.
Our menu system has been rebuilt from the ground up to make it even more customizable than ever. Our deeply customizable new menu can be laid out however you’d like. Set yourself up with Ribbon mode for a familiar look and feel. Or maybe you prefer the simple toolbar with only your most commonly needed features. The possibilities are endless.
- Easily open and edit large files – 4 GB and beyond!
- Multi-caret editing and multi-select
- Column (block) mode editing
- Powerful search: Find & replace in files, regular expressions, inverse search, etc.
- File compare
- Code syntax highlighting for nearly any programming language
- Code folding and hierarchical function listing
- Beautify and reformat source code
- Powerful XML handling: XML tree view, reformatting, validation, etc.
- Auto-closing XML/HTML tags
- Smart templates – automatic intelligent code completion
- Editor themes – skin the entire app
- Powerful and configurable tools
- File and data sorting
- Integrated FTP client (supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS)
- Integrated SSH/telnet client
- Filtered spell checker
- Unicode/UTF-8 support
- Split/duplicate window editing
- Hex editing
- Macros and scripts for automated editing
- CSV data reformatting
- Log file polling
- File encryption and decryption
- Integrated Ctags (symbols listing)
- Base64 encode/decode
- Project support
- Robust bookmarking